Tuesday, December 2, 2008

a couple of quick plugs

...for the links I have listed in the upper-right hand corner of this page, under "Stuff I like."

In The Pipeline has been a fascinating read for me, both because it offers up some challenging chemistry and also because it provides great insight into the process of drug discovery. If you're interested, look at it. If you find the articles are difficult, scan through a few and I think you'll learn to appreciate it for that other reason. It's an insider's view of the pharmaceutical industry.

Molecule of the Day is just plain fun, and yields a little inspiration for paying attention to Ochem on any given day.

Sightline is both a news outlet and a link to a blog I like to read, called The Daily Score. The focus is energy and sustainability issues in the Northwest US and SW Canada.

TED is unexplainable. Just check it out and enjoy the streaming video. There's so much there that's good I don't even know where to start.

Science in the News is a daily News roundup that provides me with most of the Science-related stories that make the National News, and many local papers. It's my first source of Science-related news stories.

Go ahead, check them out. Links are right there in front of you, to the right of this post.

No comments: